Monday 19 December 2011

Game of Thrones - Can hardly wait..

I finished reading the books months ago and loved them (except maybe all the Cersei viewpoints in 'A Feast For Crows'). I was surprised how many of the characters I managed to keep in my head, but I still missed a few connections here and there. Its only after you read all the blogs about the books that you discover some of these obscure things.

The HBO series was very well done I thought. Amazingly close to the books in many regards, now when I think of the characters I am imagining the TV series actors rather than my own little creations in my head. I remember thinking when I first saw Daenerys that the version I imagined was way better than that. Unfortunately I don't recall what she was like in my head at all now.

I don't know how I can wait for possibly years for the next book and even series 2 isn't due until April next year. I will probably have to re-read some of the older books. For now I'm resolved to re-watching series 1 and reading the production blogs for series 2. Yes, I know I am sad!

No comments: